Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Special Delivery

Wednesday, June 13
My due date is approaching, so Dad brought Mom over here to Utah. David's graduation was yesterday, so we are on serious crunch time making sure I don't pop too early! Boy am I glad to see my parents. Even though its only been five weeks since I've seen them, it feels a lot longer. Dad needs to go back home tomorrow, and then he'll wait with David and Chelsy until we give him the signal that Baby is coming. I'm having a few contractions, but nothing too serious. Dr. G checked me at my appointment yesterday and I haven't dilated at all.

Thursday, June 14
Jaelyn got here today. We're hoping that I'll go into labor while she's here so she won't have to come back before next week. She's going to coach me for the delivery. My contractions are getting harder and are about 15 minutes apart. Mom and I went to Walmart to get some last minute things. I could go into labor any time now!


Friday, June 15
Today's been fun. Mom and I made blankets for Baby, we've played lots of games, Skip-bo and Ticket to Ride. Jaelyn and I went walking in the Canyon. It felt like running to me! I feel huge, like an Oompa Loompa only taller. On our walk my contractions went down to two minutes apart. Later tonight when we were playing Skip-Bo (again, of course) my contractions were down to five to seven minutes apart. We're getting close!

Saturday, June 16

R. and S. are flying in to day. I think I'm going to pop any time now. Jaelyn decided to stay instead of going home. Dad is coming with Chelsy and David tomorrow. I'm a ticking time bomb.

Sunday, June 17
Today was crazy! I went to church and didn't have a single contraction, but the minute I got back to the house they started again. Jaelyn and I went walking in the canyon again and my contractions are getting really strong. My stomach is hard as a rock. Dad, David, and Chelsy got here today, it was really fun seeing them. Happy Father's Day! R. and S. came over for dinner to meet the rest of my family. Good food, great fun! Jaelyn has been making me bounce on a medicine ball. She's a Drill Sargent!

Monday, June 18I had a doctors apt today, I'm not even dilated! All those contractions and nothings happening! Doc says I'll have to be induced next Tuesday.

Tuesday, June 19
Due date today.

Friday, June 22
Still waiting... Doc stripped my membranes today. Hopefully it will do something. I'm dilated to a 1!

Monday, June 25
Today was such a long day!
8:40pm I went back to the house to try and get some last minute sleep. I didn't sleep a wink! I was too nervous. I'm going to be induced tonight.
11:45pm Mom and Dad came to the house to pick up me and Jaelyn. Daddy gave me a blessing, I felt a lot better.

Tuesday, June 26
12:02am We're in the hospital room.
12:20am The nurse checked me, I'm dilated to a 4! She said if I can progress on my own they won't have to give me pitocin. Time to go walking!
1:05am R and S are here. It's so good to see them! They brought me flowers!
1:30am Dilated to a 5! Getting a little sleepy. I tried to sleep, but I'm too anxious!
3:00am Dilated to a 6. Mom gave me an awesome head massage.
3:30am Skip-Bo time! I'm getting a little bored. Mom and Jaelyn are awesome. And so are these ice chips! R and S are trying to get some sleep, but I doubt they're having much luck. We're ready to get Baby here. Baby is doing just fine, her heart beat is normal, but she's not enjoying these contractions, and the round houses she's doing in my stomach are making that very clear.
6:30am I haven't dilated any more. Doc just popped my water, now that was a weird feeling. The contractions are going to get harder now. Time to get in the Jacuzzi tub! That will take the edge off the contractions. So far they aren't too bad The nurse is prepping the room for delivery. We're almost there!
7:30am Still no progress. Doc says I need to go on Pitocin.
8:00am I'm in the transitioning phase of labor. The contractions are really strong, and its everything I can do to keep control. Baby is almost here, we're getting close. I close my eyes and lay there as contractions come one right after another with almost no break. Jaelyn reminds me to take deep breaths and breath slowly. I can hear the clock ticking, baby's heart beat on the monitor, Mom and Jaelyn's whispering. R and S are sitting in the corner. All I can think of is breathing slowly.
8:20am The nurse checked me, I've only dilated to a 7 and 1/2.
8:40am The nurse just checked me again. Baby is coming, I'm dilated to a 10, and Baby is crowning. Its show time! The nurse called the doctor and said he needs to come NOW! They are prepping the room, everything is such a flurry of excitement. Time to start pushing.


June 26, 9:03am
"The next few moments were priceless and precious beyond compare. I watched as our sweet little gril was brought into the world by an amazingly strong and selfess young woman. I watched as O. took her first breath, and I cried tears of joy as I heard her first cry. I marveled at her tiny, perfect body and reveled... in her wholeness and her beautiful spirit." 
-S.

"I held A.'s hand as she held her sweet miracle and told her how proud I was of her for her hard work. We talked about how beautiful Olivia was and how wonderful the entire experience had been. Those are moments I will cherish forever. The love in that room was palpable. The air was filled with peace and happiness and wonder. Everything fell perfectly into place. There was no awkwardness or tension. Just Love. Love for Olivia. Everything that was done was done for her, and we all had her best interest in mind. It was such a unifying experience."
-S. 



No comments:

Post a Comment